Wednesday, August 13, 2008

First Gear

I am one of the recent entrants to the long line hopefuls in a quest for the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) charter offered by the AIMR, USA. Thought it would be interesting to blog about my experiences, learnings and any tips that I pick up along the way.

Something about my background while we're in the introductory phase. With regards to education I've earned a degree in Electronics Engineering from TSEC, Mumbai (those who know me from those days will testify that me getting the degree is nothing short of a miracle), though like the vast majority of engineers I realised a couple of years into it that a life of writing code or designing circuits is not for me. After shuttling through small-time jobs for a year I managed an admit to the 2 year full-time PDGBM program of Sydenham Institute of Management Studies, Research and Entrepreneurship Education (SIMSREE) with a major in Finance that ended with me being placed in the treasury sales function of one of India's largest private banks and based out of India's Orange City Nagpur.

My professional career got off to an awesome start with me landing in a strange city which I could barely locate on a map though it turned out to be one of the most awesome experiences of my life both work-wise and partying wise :). The partying was in a large part due to my passion for motorcycle riding and the brothers of Wanderlust MC, Nagpur. There's more on my passion for motorcycle riding here. Add to that my job required me to travel for 20 days a month across Vidarbh, M.P. and Chattisgargh. The experience of living alone for the first time, travelling to different locations and selling currency derivatives was definetly and eye opener.

Moved on to a job in strategy planning for one of India's largest Telcos and into a completely different world of vision, mission, business modelling, valuation and the like. Somewhere along this path I decided to get the CFA charter to fill in gaps in knowledge, learn the nitty gritties of what I had glossed over in B-School and get a cool CFA designation to boot :)

The idea of this blog came as my previous attempts at blogging have resulted in nought for want of having anything interesting to post on a regular basis.

Blogging about this should be fun methinks. Watch this space...

1 comment:

Ess Aar Motors said...

Bullet best dealer delhi

Essaar Motors The Royal Enfield Bullet is the most well known bullet best dealer delhi or royal enfield best dealer delhi , India. Other than the smart look and smooth plan of the bicycle, the flawless highlights make it so prominent among the average citizens. A portion of the highlights you should know before purchasing the bullet from the ESS AAR MOTORS royal enfield showroom delhi